Copenhagen is known as one of the best cities in Europe for sustainable transportation, largely thanks to the city’s famous bicycle culture and infrastructure.
In addition, an efficient public transport system and short walking distances between hotels make it easy for your event participants to get around Copenhagen in a fun, efficient and sustainable way.
Among sustainable options available for event transport are:
- Easy access bike-sharing schemes across Copenhagen, including e-bikes. Encourage your participants to join the locals by renting a bike when exploring the city, where bikes have outnumbered cars. We have gathered a list of Copenhagen Bike Rentals here.
- A modern, efficient metro with a 10 minute journey directly to the city centre from Copenhagen Airport, as part of the Airport Carbon Accreditation programme.
- A public transport bus system that is already under conversion and will be running fully on zero-emission vehicles by 2025. Your participants can enjoy unlimited travel by bus, train and metro using a City Pass. For larger international conventions in Copenhagen with over 1,000 participants, organisers or associations can offer their delegates easy and inexpensive public transportation with a Travel Pass (conditions apply).
- Taxi companies with an increasing number of electric vehicles (EV), some are even dedicated to being exclusively run by EVs.
- International car-sharing schemes, offers by-the-minute EV renting. As part of the green mobility solutions of the future, Share-now and Greenmobility offers an electric free-float carsharing platform. Adding to the new era of car-sharing, whether you need to rent a car for 2 minutes or 2 days, with the cars available at every street corner.