Creative bicycle-friendly initiatives
Photo: Daniel Rasmussen
Copenhagen is the city where creativity unfolds when it comes to the bike, which is being reinvented to do practically everything. Discover some of the most original concepts which can be spotted around the city in the list below.
- Cykelkokken: The cycling chef, cooking and serving a 5-course meal with local, seasonal ingredients in his cycling kitchen.
- Rustvogncyklen: A Copenhagen-based funeral company using a cargo bike as a funeral vehicle.
- Cykling uden alder: Cycling without age is on an important mission to give the elderly the right to get wind in their hair. Bicycle pilots invite seniors to nursing homes out in the rickshaw and together they get new experiences and some fresh air. See press photos of cycling without age here.
- Recycles: A bike café where vintage bikes are stripped down and renewed from scratch with top-quality components.
- The bicycle library: The bicycle innovation lab is a bike culture centre that advocates bikes as an alternative to cars through a bicycle library, bike repair workshops, and bike events to develop an innovative bicycle culture.
Photo: Visit Copenhagen
- The children's traffic playground: The children's traffic playground is a perfect place for young and older kids to learn about road safety and traffic rules before heading out into the real traffic in Copenhagen.
- Svajerløb: The Danish championship in riding the fastest on a cargo bike.
- Bread delivery bike: Delivering fresh bread every morning.
- The donor bike: An environmentally friendly alternative to transport sperm samples to the fertility clinics around Greater Copenhagen.
- Bike and Bake: Bike and Bake is a Danish street food pizza project and catering company in which pizza is made from their special bike equipped with a wood fire oven.