Updated 18 September, 15:00
Latest information from the Danish authorities:
- If in Copenhagen, please follow authorities’ instructions on the Covid-19 situation.
- The Danish border is currently open to citizens from a wide range of European Union countries and a number of countries outside of the EU. Check the official and updated list of countries defined as open or banned.
- Visitors from countries defined as 'banned' must have a worthy purpose for entering Denmark.
- You can enter Denmark for the purpose of attending meetings etc. as part of your job. You must be able to present evidence, such as an email, of the working relationship, and of the time and place of the meeting/work. Furthermore, you must be able to present the contact details of a relevant contact person for the meeting/work in Denmark who can confirm the information provided by you.
- As of 7 September, general gatherings of up to 50 people are allowed in Greater Copenhagen.
- Conferences and meetings of up to 500 persons are allowed as long as participants are mainly seated throughout the event. Large gatherings, such as festivals and other big events, remain banned.
- It is mandatory to wear facemasks on public transport across the country. It is also mandatory to wear facemasks at bars, cafes and restaurants etc. although no masks are required when seated.
- Most educational institutions, shops, shopping centers, museums, zoos, amusement parks, cinemas, restaurants, bars and cafes etc. are open. As of 17 September, bars, cafes and restaurants are required to close at 22:00.
- In case of cancellation due to the recommendation of the Danish authorities, you are advised to seek professional legal advice.
Measures and temporary adjustments introduced by Wonderful Copenhagen:
- Wonderful Copenhagen follows the recommendations of the Danish authorities and adjusts its efforts and activities accordingly. This includes ensuring a safe work environment for employees and adjusting the organisation’s own travel activities and tourism promotion activities internationally.
- In relation to Wonderful Copenhagen's participation on international platforms - trade fairs, sales events, conferences, etc. abroad - or in Denmark with foreign participation, each activity is assessed individually based on the authorities' recommendations.
- Through websites and other digital channels, Wonderful Copenhagen will inform international visitors and other groups about the Danish authorities' recommendations and restrictions in relation to Covid-19.
- Wonderful Copenhagen continues to monitor the Covid-19 situation closely and is committed to sharing relevant and accurate information on this site.
- Wonderful Copenhagen has established an internal task force that gathers and shares knowledge regarding Covid-19 both internally and externally. To ensure the full overview, the organisation is in contact with a wide array of local and international partners.
- If you have any questions related to the above, please contact Head of Corporate Communication Uffe Hartmann email@example.com
If you have specific questions related to an up-coming congress or meeting in Copenhagen, please contact Director of Convention Kit Lykketoft firstname.lastname@example.org